Recorded Wednesday, September 25, 2013
- iPhone 5s and 5c (5s outpacing 5c ~ 3:1)
- App Store offers “last compatible version” install
- iOS 7 at ~ 65%, less than 1 week after release
- “Made for iOS 7”
- Has the new design language of iOS 7 made it even more difficult to differentiate apps from one another?
- Do we think these apps “take advantage” of the iOS 7 hotness? Do Apple’s apps take advantage of these? (blur / depth / etc.)
- Do Apple’s own apps realize the “promise of iOS 7”?
- “Confusing UI in iOS7″
- 64-bit migration
- What are the pain points?
- What are the wins?
- Could this mean more RAM in future devices on the IOS platform?
- Future-proofing your app
- How far do we go to manage API changes, DB migrations, etc.
- How much is too much?
- Best strategies for deprecating builds?
- What every iOS dev should do day 1
- Setup logging/analytics
- Setup crash reporting
- Monitor your app rating
Listener Feedback, Send a Tweet to @iOhYesPodcast
We’d love to hear from you and if we like your Tweet we will talk about it on the next episode of iOhYes.
- Reveal.app by Itty Bitty Apps